Pathway to Nursing from Robert Gordon University in UK
Study Nursing & Midwifery at Top Ranked Robert Gordon University in UK
The Director of Nursing of Robert Gordon University visited Studygram in Kuwait on Sunday, 10 Feb 2019 to discuss Nursing programmes and development opportunities for interested students.
In our recent meeting with the faculty of RGU, the Head of School, Ian Murray, and Course Leader Pamela Kirkpatrick discussed the followings:
- Nursing courses now open to international students.
- New Nursing foundation programmes that will be starting this September 2019
- Alternatively, they mentioned about their 1 or 2 year Bsc Nursing studies top up degree which is designed for those who already have a diploma in the Nursing field.
- The University also encourages students to work with them.
- Entry requirements
Read more about these points in detail below.
The University (ICRGU) offers foundation leading to:
- Health Sciences
- Life Sciences
Robert Gordon University - The School of Nursing and Midwifery
Robert Gordon University (RGU) is the school of Nursing and Midwifery in the North East of Scotland, UK. Well known for producing skilled, compassionate and professional graduates. (Check out RGU website here >>)
Nursing programs strongly depend on practise-based learning, allowing students to utilise their new knowledge and skills to their own area of interest and career ambition. In addition to this, interprofessional practice is a top priority for these programmes to ensure graduates are fully versed in working collaboratively with all those that are involved in patient care. All these courses are 50% theory and 50% practice, providing students with invaluable experience.
Criteria for Study Nursing
IELTS or equivalent
Bachelors in Nursing
Bachelors in Nursing (Hons)
BSc Nursing Studies
(Honours) (Top up)
BSc Nursing Studies
What is BSc Nursing Studies Top up Program?
If you already have a diploma in Nursing and wish to extend your career to UK academic qualification, then just get enrolled in BSc Nursing Studies Top up degree. It is designed specifically for those who want to enhance their career in this field. You can choose a 1 year or 2 year degree programme. Contact us to discuss more.
Join the University Foundation leading to Nursing this September 2019
ICRGU offers the University Foundation programme leading to undergraduate Nursing degrees at RGU. Students will be able to apply for BN/BN (Hons) Nursing - Adult, Children and Young People or Mental Health specialisms.
University Foundation Modules - Subject to approval
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Practical Skills
- Principales and Concepts of Health Improvement and Promotion
ICRGU Foundation tuition Fee
23 September 2019
Placement & Job Opportunities - grow your Nursing career
Nurses are in high demand in UK, RGU undertakes a variety of placements in locations throughout Scotland and abroad. All of their undergraduate courses offer placements in practice, for up to 50% of the programme. Placement experience is essential for graduates who are fit for purpose in rapidly changing health and social care environment. These placements allow theory to be put into practice and development of essential skills in students.
- General Secondary Education Certificate - 60% required
- General Education Diploma
- Candidates with PAAET Institute Diploma Certificate with a minimum grade of C+ or CGPA 2.5/4.0 (if obtained prior to 2015) or CGPA 2.3 / 4.0 (if obtained in 2005 and onwards) may be considered for year 1 entry
- Candidates with PAAET College Diploma with a minimum grade of C+ or CGPA 2.5/4.0 (if obtained prior to 2015) or CGPA 2.3 / 4.0 (if obtained in 2005 and onwards) may be considered for year 2 entry
- IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area
Want to Study Nursing? Contact us Today
Fill up form with your specific information and we will contact you back to discuss your requirements. Or contact us to book a FREE one-on-one consultation session with our experts. We can do that face-to-face, one the phone, or via video conferencing.