Pathway to Nursing from Robert Gordon University in UK
The Director of Nursing of Robert Gordon University visited Studygram in Kuwait on Sunday, 10 Feb 2019 to discuss Nursing programs and development opportunities for interested students.
In our recent meeting with the faculty of RGU, the Head of School, Ian Murray, and Course Leader Pamela Kirkpatrick discussed the followings:
- Nursing courses now open to international students.
- New Nursing foundation programs that will be starting this September 2019
- Alternatively, they mentioned their 1 or 2-year Bsc Nursing Studies top-up degree which is designed for those who already have a diploma in the Nursing field.
- The University also encourages students to work with them.
- Entry requirements
Read more about these points in detail below.
The University (ICRGU) offers a foundation leading to:
- Health Sciences
- Life Sciences
Robert Gordon University - The School of Nursing and Midwifery
Robert Gordon University (RGU) is the school of Nursing and Midwifery in the North East of Scotland, UK. Well known for producing skilled, compassionate, and professional graduates. (Check out RGU website here >>)
Nursing programs strongly depend on practice-based learning, allowing students to utilize their new knowledge and skills to their own area of interest and career ambition. In addition to this, interprofessional practice is a top priority for these programs to ensure graduates are fully versed in working collaboratively with all those that are involved in patient care. All these courses are 50% theory and 50% practice, providing students with invaluable experience.
Criteria for Study Nursing
|Course||Duration||IELTS or equivalent|
|Bachelors in Nursing||3 years||7*|
|Bachelors in Nursing (Hons)||4 years||7*|
|BSc Nursing Studies |
|BSc Nursing Studies |
What is BSc Nursing Studies Top up Program?
If you already have a diploma in Nursing and wish to extend your career to UK academic qualification, then just get enrolled in BSc Nursing Studies Top-up degree. It is designed specifically for those who want to enhance their career in this field. You can choose a 1 year or 2-year degree program. Contact us to discuss more.
Join the University Foundation leading to Nursing this September 2019
ICRGU offers the University Foundation program leading to undergraduate Nursing degrees at RGU. Students will be able to apply for BN/BN (Hons) Nursing - Adult, Children, and Young People or Mental Health specialisms.
University Foundation Modules - Subject to approval
- Interactive Learning Skills and Communication
- Practical Skills
- Principales and Concepts of Health Improvement and Promotion
|ICRGU Foundation tuition Fee||14,500 Euros|
|Start Date||23 September 2019|
Placement & Job Opportunities - grow your Nursing career
Nurses are in high demand in the UK, RGU undertakes a variety of placements in locations throughout Scotland and abroad. All of their undergraduate courses offer placements in practice, for up to 50% of the program. Placement experience is essential for graduates who are fit for purpose in a rapidly changing health and social care environment. These placements allow theory to be put into practice and the development of essential skills in students.
- General Secondary Education Certificate - 60% required
- General Education Diploma
- Candidates with PAAET Institute Diploma Certificate with a minimum grade of C+ or CGPA 2.5/4.0 (if obtained prior to 2015) or CGPA 2.3 / 4.0 (if obtained in 2005 and onwards) may be considered for year 1 entry
- Candidates with PAAET College Diploma with a minimum grade of C+ or CGPA 2.5/4.0 (if obtained prior to 2015) or CGPA 2.3 / 4.0 (if obtained in 2005 and onwards) may be considered for year 2 entry
- IELTS score of 6.0, with a minimum of 5.5 in each area
Want to Study Nursing? Contact us Today
Fill up the form with your specific information and we will contact you back to discuss your requirements. Or contact us to book a FREE one-on-one consultation session with our experts. We can do that face-to-face, one the phone, or via video conferencing.
- Hits: 151