At Studygram we understand that your privacy is important to you. We are committed to meeting your expectations and will comply with all applicable privacy and data protection legislation in relation to your personal information and sensitive information.
Here’s a list of how we protect your privacy:
- We only collect what we need to help you with your request or provide you with information that you ask for, personalising it to your interests.
- We won’t execute on to your information. If we don’t need it, and you don’t want us to keep it, we’ll delete it.
- We want you to understand everything we do with your information, so we’ll try our best to clarify with no nonsense.
- No surprises — you decide what and how you hear from us.
- We do not pass your details to third parties for marketing purposes without your awareness.
The rest of this policy provides you with more detail of our privacy and personal information handling practices.
Information Specific for International Students
The services we offer to help you study abroad include counselling, application assistance, visa assistance, English language testing and training, student exhibitions and seminars.
If you register on our websites (https://studygram.me/) or register to participate in an event/program, we will collect personal information such as your name, email address, contact details, country of residence, nationality, preferred study destination, and when you intend to study.
If you inquire about education opportunities directly with a Studygram counsellor, or we assist you with your application to study, we may also request additional information such as education qualifications, employment history, occupation, areas of interest and professional memberships, copies of documents as proof of identity – e.g. copies of passport, proof of citizenship or photographs, marital status and how you will fund your studies. We may also request sensitive information about you such as racial or ethnic origin (from information on your country of origin), and/or your health or medical information (e.g. from a medical examination required for your visa application for an Australian visa).
Collecting your personal information allows us to:
- assist you to proceed with the opportunity to initiate studies in an education institution outside your home country;
- provide you with relevant information on your study options;
- present you as a candidate to your preferred institutions above all education sectors, which are seeking to recruit international students who want to study in Australia, the United States, the United Kingdom, the Republic of Ireland, Canada or any other country;
- assist you to facilitate your career after completing your studies at an overseas education institution;
- provide possibilities to participate in projects/programs as consultants;
- provide opportunities to give feedback and testimonials on your experience
- inform and provide students, institutions and other clients of developments in the services we provide (including events and opportunities to participate in projects/programs);
- conduct research for statistical, analytical and training goals;
- manage our internal business operations and events; and
- respond to your inquiries.
Student Essentials Services
Studygram offers services from third parties to help support you in your studies abroad and we call these Student Essentials. These services include Overseas Student Health Cover (OHSC), accommodation arrangements, referral to guardianship services, visa application services and career skills training.
If you purchase a Student Essentials service we may collect personal information such as your name, date of birth, and financial information, and sensitive information such as your health or medical information. We may also collect payment information, however Studygram does not store information like credit card details.
Collection of your personal information and sensitive information (such as your health or medical information) allows us to:
- provide the health insurance provider nominated by you with all relevant information for your OHSC;
- facilitate your accommodation arrangements with third party providers;
- contact the relevant organisations, authorities or other third parties in relation to your overseas guardianship application;
- respond to your query and/or direct your query when you contact the Studygram Helpline
- contact the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) with all relevant information required for visa renewal or parent visa application;
- contact Australian institutions or other organisations on your behalf to facilitate visits, career skills training or internship placements;
- arrange or provide other products and services to you.
Visa application services
We provide visa application services including guiding you through the application process and helping you prepare the essential documents for your nominated visa application. These visa application services not only cover visa applications required for study, but also post-study work and skilled migration visa applications.
Collection of your personal information and sensitive information (such as information from your medical examination) allows us to:
- assist you in your application for a student visa including contacting the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) and other organisations on your behalf to discuss your application;
- provide the Department of Home Affairs (DHA) with all relevant information required for your visa application;
- contact the DHA or other organisations on your behalf to discuss or ask questions about your visa application; and
- keep you updated with the progress of your visa application and advise you of the outcome of your application.
Studygram’s vision is to build a global community of associated students from classroom to career. This means we would like to stay in touch for as long as you would like to hear from us, but we will only retain your information as long as is necessary for the purpose it was given to us.
Links to Other Web Sites
Our website utilizes links to other websites. We hold no responsibility for the content, privacy practices, or other site links to those websites. The inclusion of any link to such a site does not create or imply any approval or endorsement by us of that site or of products or services referenced there. Studygram makes no representations or warranties of any kind or nature as to any other website that you may access through this one. These links are included on our website for reference purposes only.
By requesting a catalogue from our site, you authorize Studygram to contact you via email in the future regarding its study abroad internship or other programs. You are able to unsubscribe from our email distribution list. We do not distribute email addresses under any circumstance.
Third Party Use of Personal Information
- Consent: We may disclose information if we have an individual’s consent to do so
- Performance of a Contract: We may share information when necessary to comply with a contractual obligation.
- Emergency Circumstances: We may share information when necessary to protect health and safety interests, even if an individual is physically or legally incapable of providing consent.
- Employment: We may share information when necessary for administering employment or social security benefits in accordance with applicable law, subject to the imposition of appropriate safeguards to prevent unauthorized disclosure.
Policy with Universities
Studygram values your privacy and we recognise the need to process your Personal Data in a fair and lawful manner. This means that we are responsible for deciding how we hold and use personal information about you.
Data Protection Principles
We will comply with data protection law and principles, which means that your data will be:
- Used lawfully, fairly and in a transparent way.
- Collected only for valid purposes that we have clearly explained to you and not used in any way that is incompatible with those purposes.
- Relevant to the purposes we have told you about and limited only to those purposes.
- Accurate and kept up to date.
- Kept only as long as necessary for the purposes we have told you about.
- Kept securely.
- We will only transfer your personal data to countries that have been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection because we serve our services in all middle east services in addition to Kuwait, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Oman, and Bahrain. Where we use certain service providers, we may use specific contracts approved by the government.
Making a complaint if you are unhappy about how we have dealt with or are dealing with your personal information
We have procedures in place to deal with your inquiries or complaints.
If you have any questions about our policy or any complaint regarding the treatment of your privacy by us, please contact Studygram.
- Call (965) 2240 1416
If you feel we have intruded on your privacy or misused your data, you are able to complain.